The Reunited Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Reunited Alliance

Allies, friends, and clansmen, a hundred thousand welcomes to the forum of the Reunited Alliance of the Loyalist States of Beta!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Gaelic Claim

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gallowglass
Ard Ri
Gallowglass

Male
Number of posts : 139
Job/hobbies : Writer, historian, and paintballer
Name : Seamus MacFearchar Caimbeul
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Character sheet
Gallowglass: Hello!

The Gaelic Claim Empty
PostSubject: The Gaelic Claim   The Gaelic Claim EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 1:13 pm

The Gaelic Claim Thing-1

The above is the symbol of The Gaelic Claim. I guess that anyone who has a good knowledge of flags would be able to tell at once what The Gaelic Claim is all about, but before I throw the idealogy at your mercy I will explain it anyway.
The Gaelic Claim is a political analysis of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland that gives the Gael a claim to dominate it both politically and culturally. The idea was first posted on Gaelic forums based in Canada, but was soon posted on international forums in all three Gaelic languages.

The Gaelic Claim is based on the fact that King James of Scotland became the first king to rule both Scotland and England in 1603, and that he, as a Scot, was an ethnic Gael. This means that an ethnic Gael founded the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, which means that an ethnic Gael also founded the British Empire, which included America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and many other places around the world.
It also involves the ethnicity of all Scots and Irish, which make up a large number of people in England (in the tens of millions), which is Gaelic, and says that the Gaels are in fact the most numerous race in the United Kingdom.
Supporters of The Gaelic Claim say that Gordon Brown, the current leader of the United Kingdom, is also an ethnic Gael, as are most of the parliament, and more fanatical Gaelic organisations (one of which you all know) have declared them traitors, and are turning the nationalism of many Scots and Gaels into unionism in their own favour.

There are things that those who are opposed to The Gaelic Claim are able to use, though, such as the fact that Gaelic was not an official language of the United Kingdom at the time, and that the Gaels had a different legal system to the one that was official in the United Kingdom, and were opposed to the Union even though Scots saw it as a great triumph.

What do you think about this?
Back to top Go down
http://www.lordshipoftheisles.webs.com
I smell of horse arse
Tacksman
I smell of horse arse

Female
Number of posts : 78
Name : Unknown

The Gaelic Claim Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gaelic Claim   The Gaelic Claim EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 1:24 pm

The Gaelic Claim genuinely scares me.

It is making nationalists support the Union of Crowns, and is adding a more militant side to Gaelic and Scottish opinions, as well as appealing to the Irish and some of the English. I know that this is not a bad thing, but if people panic and let fanatics sweep them off their feet then the United Kingdom would dissolve into civil war. And the new administration would want Gaelic to be the language of the whole of the United Kingdom, which means they would use violence against the speakers of English and Scots, and possibly the Welsh. What of the millions of immigrants that cannot speak anything but their own native language? What of languages like Cornish that are almost extinct? What of Irish Gaelic and Manx Gaelic? But it does not seem like people will stop to think about these things! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Gallowglass
Ard Ri
Gallowglass

Male

Character sheet

The Gaelic Claim Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gaelic Claim   The Gaelic Claim EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 2:03 pm

Quote :
What of Irish Gaelic and Manx Gaelic

Look at the symbol of The Gaelic Claim again - the Irish and Manx flags are quite clearly on there.
Back to top Go down
Aswan
n00b
Aswan

Male
Number of posts : 16
Job/hobbies : What is this? A dating site?
Name : Why do you wnat mine? Did you lose YOURS?

The Gaelic Claim Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gaelic Claim   The Gaelic Claim EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 3:11 pm

Personally I hate to take a dip into a subject I have no idea about. They say it's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think of you a fool than to open it and actually prove them right Wink

I'll be watching it closely though, so that I may learn from those in the knowledge. farao
Back to top Go down
Gallowglass
Ard Ri
Gallowglass

Male

Character sheet

The Gaelic Claim Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gaelic Claim   The Gaelic Claim EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 4:58 pm

Feel free to do what you want Wink
Back to top Go down
I smell of horse arse
Tacksman
I smell of horse arse

Female

The Gaelic Claim Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gaelic Claim   The Gaelic Claim EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 5:02 pm

Quote :
Look at the symbol of The Gaelic Claim again - the Irish and Manx flags are quite clearly on there.

But they are near the flag of the United Kingdom, and below the Saltire! That means they will be of less importance to a state which follows The Gaelic Claim, doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
Gallowglass
Ard Ri
Gallowglass

Male

Character sheet

The Gaelic Claim Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gaelic Claim   The Gaelic Claim EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 5:09 pm

I agree that if a state follows The Gaelic Claim then all other languages besides Highland Gaelic will lose out, but I do not think that other Gaelic languages, Irish especially, will have any less status than they would in the current United Kingdom. I guarantee that Scots and English will be persecuted. I think The Gaelic Claim, officially, has no opinion on Welsh and Cornish. But it doesn't officially exist by the standards of the current United Kingdom, as there is no single political force that has a clear definition of it that does not differ from that of others.
Back to top Go down
I smell of horse arse
Tacksman
I smell of horse arse

Female

The Gaelic Claim Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gaelic Claim   The Gaelic Claim EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 5:17 pm

Quote :
as there is no single political force that has a clear definition of it that does not differ from that of others

The Laugh of the insane bitches and Tir nan MacGaidheal share power over almost everything to do with The Gaelic Claim. They are both political forces, who are actually remarkably powerful, and do not disagree on anything to do with The Gaelic Claim.
Both have said that Brythonic Celtic languages, such as Welsh, have the same rights as Gaelic, but not the same status.

Quote :
I guarantee that Scots and English will be persecuted

I feel sorry for the nationalists that The Gaelic Claim makes into unionists. They are giving away their languages!
Back to top Go down
Gallowglass
Ard Ri
Gallowglass

Male

Character sheet

The Gaelic Claim Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gaelic Claim   The Gaelic Claim EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 5:31 pm

The first sentence got owned by the autocorrect Wink

Quote :
They are both political forces, who are actually remarkably powerful, and do not disagree on anything to do with The Gaelic Claim

But they disagree on things such as ethnic Gaels and the status of Scots as a people and a language, which are important if you want to understand The Gaelic Claim as an idealogy rather than a simple claim to the government. I mean, the two of them were almost at the point of gang violence because Fearchar's family in Nova Scotia did not qualify as Gaels by Liam's definition!

Quote :
Both have said that Brythonic Celtic languages, such as Welsh, have the same rights as Gaelic, but not the same status.

The former also says that rights represent status in a society that supports The Gaelic Claim, so Brythonic Celtic languages are equal to Goidelic Celtic languages. Whether they have more speakers than Highland Gaelic will be 'a matter which is for geography to decide.'

So they disagree. Which means that the future of Irish Gaelic and Manx Gaelic in a state that supports The Gaelic Claim is not known, which means that the Irish and the Manx will continue to support The Gaelic Claim.

That would mean a political force that has a clear definition of The Gaelic Claim will arise, and that political force is most likely to be one that exists because of The Gaelic Claim, instead of organisations like the Laugh of the insane bitches and political parties like the United Kingdom Independence Party that have adjusted or might have to adjust their policies to the new idea.

I suppose it is also likely to be a militant political force, as well.
Back to top Go down
I smell of horse arse
Tacksman
I smell of horse arse

Female

The Gaelic Claim Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gaelic Claim   The Gaelic Claim EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 1:49 pm

Quote :
But they disagree on things such as ethnic Gaels and the status of Scots as a people and a language, which are important if you want to understand The Gaelic Claim as an idealogy rather than a simple claim to the government. I mean, the two of them were almost at the point of gang violence because Fearchar's family in Nova Scotia did not qualify as Gaels by Liam's definition!

If they ignored the disagreements like this then they would be very powerful! They have too much influence already, and if they joined forces they'd outnumber some of the world's major terrorist organisations! It takes one word for them to become allies, and another for them all to arm!

I think The Gaelic Claim will end in something like this:

The Gaelic Claim Thisisfunny

Sorry for using an image from a game in this thread, but it was just too good a description of what I think will happen!
Back to top Go down
Gallowglass
Ard Ri
Gallowglass

Male

Character sheet

The Gaelic Claim Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gaelic Claim   The Gaelic Claim EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 11:25 am

Both already outnumber the Real IRA and the army of Bhutan.
Back to top Go down
I smell of horse arse
Tacksman
I smell of horse arse

Female

The Gaelic Claim Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gaelic Claim   The Gaelic Claim EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 1:44 pm

Exactly my point! The Gaelic Claim scares me.

I might make an organisation that supports The Gaelic Claim but in a peaceful way, but it would be ignored! The fanatical organisations have fortified their position!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Gaelic Claim Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gaelic Claim   The Gaelic Claim Empty

Back to top Go down

The Gaelic Claim
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Reunited Alliance :: The Resident's Committee-
Jump to: