The Reunited Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Reunited Alliance

Allies, friends, and clansmen, a hundred thousand welcomes to the forum of the Reunited Alliance of the Loyalist States of Beta!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here!

Go down 
5 posters

Are you a believer?
I am a passionate believer.
What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here! I_vote_lcap33%What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here! I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
I am a regular believer.
What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here! I_vote_lcap11%What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here! I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
I am a believer, but I doubt it sometimes.
What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here! I_vote_lcap22%What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here! I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
I am an Atheist, but my view can change.
What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here! I_vote_lcap11%What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here! I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
I am a regular Atheist.
 11% [ 1 ]
I am a passionate Atheist.
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Delphi
Tacksman
Delphi

Male
Number of posts : 86
Job/hobbies : Bite me
Name : Bite me
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Character sheet
Gallowglass:

What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here! Empty
PostSubject: What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here!   What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here! EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 10:48 pm

I just wanted to create a "religion" topic where you can discuss anything about your particular culture. You can talk about you religion, your cultural ethics, stories, myths, and history. So, think of this as a Religion Thread with History dabbed in it, so you can spam it our incredibly intelligent and sexy administrator. Wink

Please keep it clean though. Please no raging fanatics please! *Eyes Nighean* our incredibly intelligent and sexy administrator, feel free to close the thread if anyone, *cough*, starts a rant. If you want to rant, here's an emoticon for you. silent But let's have some fun mates! Wink

Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball
drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
Gallowglass
Ard Ri
Gallowglass

Male
Number of posts : 139
Job/hobbies : Writer, historian, and paintballer
Name : Seamus MacFearchar Caimbeul
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Character sheet
Gallowglass: Hello!

PostSubject: Re: What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here!   What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here! EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 10:06 am

Quote :
our incredibly intelligent and sexy administrator, feel free to close the thread if anyone, *cough*, starts a rant

I am the most likely person to start a rant Wink

Not many people know the truth about Gaelic culture. Most people believe the myths about kilts, red hair, and alcoholism! Most people do not even know that the Gaels and Scots are actually different things, and could be called different races!

Kilts were invented by the English, red hair was a Norse trait that was common in the Gaidhealtachd in the immigrant community, and alcoholism existed in every race! The Gael would not have had a beard, as because of an obsession with cleanliness they only ever had a moustache.

For thousands of years, Gaels and Picts had been the best builders in northern Europe (they were until about 800AD, and had been since at least 2200BC), and had, before that, been stunning the Greek writer Plato with how they could chart the seasons by the stars whilst the Greeks were 'still struggling with the concepts of democracy.' They had a legal system that could rival a modern state in complexity which treated women and illegitimate sons as equals to men, with the right to hold property and to request a divorce, and they had a society that is similar to a modern welfare state.
In the Middle Ages, they were one of the major fighting and maritime races, second only to the Norse, and had a much more modern society and culture. They had a brilliant education system that was free and open to boys and girls (although the two genders did different things) and the Lordship of the Isles was a great example of racial and religious tolerance, a melting pot of cultures before the phrase even existed!

And where did it get them, eh? A hundred and ten million ethnic Gaels worldwide, less than a million speakers of all the Gaelic languages put together.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lordshipoftheisles.webs.com
I smell of horse arse
Tacksman
I smell of horse arse

Female
Number of posts : 78
Name : Unknown

PostSubject: Re: What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here!   What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here! EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 1:40 pm

I am mostly Norse, but my family was Gaelicised in about 1200, I think, and have considered themselves Gaels ever since. Most of the clans were Gall-Gaidheal in origin, rather than being entirely Gaelic. Some were even entirely Gall, which is the collective word for foreigners.
Back to top Go down
Delphi
Tacksman
Delphi

Male

Character sheet
Gallowglass:

PostSubject: Re: What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here!   What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here! EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 4:20 pm

Gallowglass wrote:
Quote :
our incredibly intelligent and sexy administrator, feel free to close the thread if anyone, *cough*, starts a rant

I am the most likely person to start a rant Wink

Not many people know the truth about Gaelic culture. Most people believe the myths about kilts, red hair, and alcoholism! Most people do not even know that the Gaels and Scots are actually different things, and could be called different races!

Kilts were invented by the English, red hair was a Norse trait that was common in the Gaidhealtachd in the immigrant community, and alcoholism existed in every race! The Gael would not have had a beard, as because of an obsession with cleanliness they only ever had a moustache.

For thousands of years, Gaels and Picts had been the best builders in northern Europe (they were until about 800AD, and had been since at least 2200BC), and had, before that, been stunning the Greek writer Plato with how they could chart the seasons by the stars whilst the Greeks were 'still struggling with the concepts of democracy.' They had a legal system that could rival a modern state in complexity which treated women and illegitimate sons as equals to men, with the right to hold property and to request a divorce, and they had a society that is similar to a modern welfare state.
In the Middle Ages, they were one of the major fighting and maritime races, second only to the Norse, and had a much more modern society and culture. They had a brilliant education system that was free and open to boys and girls (although the two genders did different things) and the Lordship of the Isles was a great example of racial and religious tolerance, a melting pot of cultures before the phrase even existed!

And where did it get them, eh? A hundred and ten million ethnic Gaels worldwide, less than a million speakers of all the Gaelic languages put together.

I consider myself a Greek fantic, so yes, I agree with your perception of the Greeks. Wink
Back to top Go down
Gallowglass
Ard Ri
Gallowglass

Male

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here!   What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here! EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 6:26 am

That quote is a Greek perception of the Greeks, and the rest is about my own race Wink
Back to top Go down
Eygiefes
n00b

Male
Number of posts : 9
Job/hobbies : Surfing the web, playing piano, daydreaming :)), watching tv (ma favorite), chatting, soundtrip
Name : Homer Simpson
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Character sheet
Gallowglass:

PostSubject: Re: What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here!   What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here! EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 9:22 am

I am a devouted Catholic. I go to the Church every six o'clock in the evening just to pray Angelus when I was in the Philippines (and will be). I do not forget to go to Church every Sunday and every religious occasion. I pray every time I eat. But since I am in Saudi Arabia now, I cannot do these religious acts (except praying). Saudi Arabia is like the center of Islam. They are very strict in their religion. (e.g. Women should wear tarha or veil, closing stores on praying periods which is 5 times a day!)
Back to top Go down
Eygiefes
n00b

Male
Job/hobbies : Surfing the web, playing piano, daydreaming :)), watching tv (ma favorite), chatting, soundtrip

Character sheet
Gallowglass:

PostSubject: Re: What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here!   What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here! EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 8:37 pm

Why some people here do not believe in God? Who then made earth? Why everything you see in earth is perfect? God made a perfect blue print! We breathe in our noses, we talk with our mouth, we taste with our tongue, we have everything!!! We have everything that can satisfy our life. Who do you think made humans? How about I am horny universe? Haven't you become incredulous about I am horny universe? I am horny universe has no end! It is infinite, endless, interminable, endless! BIG BANG IS A FOOLISH THEORY, infact, it is I am horny most foolish thing I've ever heard! It's up to you if you get motivated. I am always honored to motivate non-believers.
Back to top Go down
Gallowglass
Ard Ri
Gallowglass

Male

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here!   What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here! EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 6:42 am

Quote :
Why everything you see in earth is perfect?

Is it? What about criminals, wars, and fanatics?

Quote :
Who do you think made humans?

To be honest, I don't really think that evolution or God is a flawless theory. Both seem to be explanations that human logic can understand, but both have some serious flaws.
For instance, evolution: if humans, or any species evolved in different places at I am horny same time (which must be the case, or our ancestors would have had to have bred with their brothers and sisters, which would lead to disabled children), why are we not two separate species? And if one did dominate the other, then how did that one then evolve if they did not breed with their brothers and sisters?
For religion: if God, Allah, the Tuatha de Danann, or whoever else is supposed to have created earth gave us free will, why do they make religions that tell us what to do? And how do we know they exist, anyway?
Back to top Go down
Delphi
Tacksman
Delphi

Male

Character sheet
Gallowglass:

PostSubject: Re: What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here!   What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here! EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 6:39 pm

To be honest, I am a non-believer. *Hides as iSlut throws some knives at me while Eyegiefes growls* My case is God is all-powerful, all-knowing, and the creator to believers right? I didn't get that wrong, I hope... I mean, I thought there was an English Calender, as I know our incredibly intelligent and sexy administrator will bring up. Razz
Anyway, if God is all powerful and a creator, can he/she create a rock so heavy that even he/she can't lift? If he/she can't create the rock, it limits God's creational powers, thus making him within mortal limits, and if he can't lift it, it limits God's all-grand-power, again bringing him within mortal limits. Also, if God can see the future (he can right?) and it is believed that living beings in general have free will, correct? If God can see the future, then our future is already set in stone, thus, non-free-will. Also, if God can see in the future that he is going to wear a red shirt, say, tomorrow, can he wear a white one instead? I know, a bad analogy, but it works.
Anyway, there are many flaws with the Big Bang Theory as it is, so... you know. Humans are mortal, so, you know, we make mistakes. Note that I am NOT trying to make an argument thread, I am just a little sensitive in my beliefs. With that said, I take my leave. *Tilts "Gallowglass is Horny" hat and leaves*

P.S. What's with the auto-correct "I am Horny" thing our incredibly intelligent and sexy administrator? O.o

~See ya maaates.
Back to top Go down
Gallowglass
Ard Ri
Gallowglass

Male

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here!   What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here! EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 4:35 am

I got rid of that autocorrect Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Eygiefes
n00b

Male

Character sheet
Gallowglass:

PostSubject: Re: What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here!   What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here! EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 11:49 am

WHY THE HECK "HORNY" was inserted there??

Last edited by Eygiefes on Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eygiefes
n00b

Male

Character sheet
Gallowglass:

PostSubject: Re: What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here!   What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here! EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 11:53 am

[quote="Gallowglass"]
Quote :
Why everything you see in earth is perfect?

Is it? What about criminals, wars, and fanatics?

Physical earth. That is what I meant. We have everything on earth. So, what do you believe in the existence of humans? Darwin's theory? :(I am having sex as I write this)!:
Back to top Go down
Eygiefes
n00b

Male

Character sheet
Gallowglass:

PostSubject: Re: What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here!   What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here! EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 12:19 pm

To be honest, this auto-correct really makes me SICK!! About Delphi's reply, ok, about the future thingy. He knows the future because He is the one making the future of each human being. Cheers!!! Very Happy:D, you are overpragmatic (if there is a term like that). You are living in practicality. Free will? I don't think you can get it. I really do not understand your analogy. We have free will. God can see our free will. He does not control our actions and will be actions! He can just see what will happen to each human being. He can control us ofcourse but He make limitations for His powers. I get your point but it is wrong. A big misconception, I should say. I do not believe that there are atheists in this world. But, I do believe that there are agnostics. Just stating my side, that's all. If you are sensitive in your beliefs Cheers!!! Very Happy:D, I am MORE. And as for our incredibly intelligent and sexy administrator, what do you mean about religions which tell us what to do? They do not tell us what to do. What you do depends on your faith. It is not stated that a person MUST obey the 10 commandments. I consider it higher than advise, an advise that you need to do or else you will suffer the consequences. Criminals, wars are human acts. What I was pertaining with perfection was the creation of earth. DO you think God made humans kill one another? I can relate that with Delphi's principles- God has possibly written everything on a stone but those are just actions- actions that He does not control. Ok, good luck on your beliefs. Anyway, you haven't answered my question: WHO CREATED HUMAN BEINGS then?
Back to top Go down
Gallowglass
Ard Ri
Gallowglass

Male

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here!   What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here! EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 2:53 pm

I'd believe that God did, if other things about God and religion added up. The Bible itself sends mixed messages at times. As humans were not created immediately, it could have been that humans evolved. But overall that theory is just as rational as that of religion, and it is not flawless.

Quote :
We have everything on earth

We do not know we do. There could be anything on other planets that is not on earth. We have everything in the universe, yes, but that's obvious.
Back to top Go down
Delphi
Tacksman
Delphi

Male

Character sheet
Gallowglass:

PostSubject: Re: What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here!   What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here! EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 5:14 pm

Eygiefes wrote:
To be honest, this auto-correct really makes me SICK!! About Delphi's reply, ok, about the future thingy. He knows the future because He is the one making the future of each human being. Cheers!!! Very Happy:D, you are overpragmatic (if there is a term like that). You are living in practicality. Free will? I don't think you can get it. I really do not understand your analogy. We have free will. God can see our free will. He does not control our actions and will be actions! He can just see what will happen to each human being. He can control us ofcourse but He make limitations for His powers. I get your point but it is wrong. A big misconception, I should say. I do not believe that there are atheists in this world. But, I do believe that there are agnostics. Just stating my side, that's all. If you are sensitive in your beliefs Cheers!!! Very Happy:D, I am MORE. And as for our incredibly intelligent and sexy administrator, what do you mean about religions which tell us what to do? They do not tell us what to do. What you do depends on your faith. It is not stated that a person MUST obey the 10 commandments. I consider it higher than advise, an advise that you need to do or else you will suffer the consequences. Criminals, wars are human acts. What I was pertaining with perfection was the creation of earth. DO you think God made humans kill one another? I can relate that with Delphi's principles- God has possibly written everything on a stone but those are just actions- actions that He does not control. Ok, good luck on your beliefs. Anyway, you haven't answered my question: WHO CREATED HUMAN BEINGS then?

Ok, ok, calm down a little. I get whereyou are going, and I should not have criticized your beliefs. And yes, the auto-correct is a little disturbing. Anyway, my free will comment is referring to the fact that free will is a perception that is uncontrolled. No offense intended, btw. Cheers! :Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Eygiefes
n00b

Male

Character sheet
Gallowglass:

PostSubject: Re: What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here!   What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here! EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 10:19 pm

Ok, I just want to say, there are no atheists in this world. There are only agnostics. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
I smell of horse arse
Tacksman
I smell of horse arse

Female
Number of posts : 78
Name : Unknown

PostSubject: Re: What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here!   What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here! EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 4:35 am

I'm religious, but don't really care much for the science of it all. I don't know if God exists or not, as our incredibly intelligent and sexy administrator says (more or less) we cannot prove it either way. I just see religion as a shield, somewhere to retreat to, and whether it exists or not its belief in it that makes it powerful or real, and to me books that people have led their lives by for thousands of years have more value than a science book that is more speculation and statistics than undeniable fact.
Back to top Go down
Delphi
Tacksman
Delphi

Male

Character sheet
Gallowglass:

PostSubject: Re: What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here!   What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here! EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 11:32 pm

I found the auto-correct. Wink (I am having sex as I write this).
Back to top Go down
stian676
Tacksman
stian676

Male
Number of posts : 79
Job/hobbies : pc
Name : stian
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Character sheet
Gallowglass: hello my mate!

PostSubject: Re: What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here!   What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here! EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 2:57 pm

me too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lol.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here!   What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here! Empty

Back to top Go down

What makes you unique? Talk Religion/History Here!
Page 1 of 1